Personal Information Protection Policy
As of 13th August, 2010
Usage of personal information
Personal information of our customers In principle, personal information Shochiku collects during such activities will be used only within the scope of the purposes listed below. In case Shochiku collects personal information from customers for any purpose that is not listed below, Shochiku will indicate such purpose when the information is collected. In addition, if Shochiku collects personal information indicating such a different purpose, Shochiku will use the collected information only for the purpose it indicates during the information collection.
- Confirmation of ticket purchase for movies and theater performances, invoicing, shipment, and after-sales services.
- Confirmation of membership service registration and/or provision of services.
- Information service for Shochiku's products, services, and events, such as screening.
- Information service for drawings and/or shipment of prizes.
- Confirmation of subscription and/or delivery of mail magazines
- Replies to questions and/or comments
- Statistical Analyses
Disclosing personal information to third parties
Shochiku will not disclose customers' personal information to any third parties except when:
- The customer(s) have agreed to the disclosure in advance
- It is deemed required under law or regulation
- It is deemed necessary for the interest of the public or of the person(s) identifiable by the disclosed information
- The nature of the inquiry from the customer(s) indicate that the inquiry may be better answered by a subsidiary or affiliate company of Shochiku (collectively "Shochiku Group Companies")
Outsourcing of personal information handling
Shochiku may from time to time disclose the personal information it collects from customers to one or more contractors for the purpose of commissioning delivery/shipment of products, invoicing, statistical analysis, and replies to questions and/or comments. Shochiku will maintain appropriate supervision over such outside party with measures including the execution of nondisclosure agreements.
Collaborative use of personal information
In case Shochiku uses the personal information in collaboration with another Shochiku Group Company or a third party, Shochiku will notify the affected customer(s) in advance of its intention to do so as well as what personal information will be used, what parties will be involved in the collaboration and the purpose(s) of such utilization.
Inquiry and changing registered information
To change any of the personal information registered with Shochiku or to request cancellation of membership status, a customer should contact Shochiku using the following e-mail address: email@example.com